Below you will find the congress programme.
- TimeTitleSpeaker / PartnerLocation
- 08:30 - 09:30Reception and registrationLobby 20170322lobby
- 09:30 - 09:35Welcome by chairmanPlenary room 20170322large-hall
- 09:35 - 09:50Welcome by municipality VenloPlenary room 20170322large-hall
Municipality of Venlo gives a substantive welcome to the guests.
Welcome by municipality Venlo door Antoin Scholten
- 09:50 - 10:30Keynote André KuipersPlenary room 20170322large-hall
As the keynote speaker for the In Practice Congress Kuipers tells a passionate story about his space travel and his new outlook on the future of the Earth. In 2011 he left our planet for 193 days, the longest ever European spaceflight. He returned full of fresh insights about the fragility of our planet. During the In Practice Congress he will inspire participants about the sensitivity of the earth, about the air and light pollution above large cities and more.
Keynote André Kuipers door André Kuipers
- 10:30 - 10:50Keynote Michael Braungart: Venlo: C2C Capital of EuropePlenary room 20170322large-hall
Michael Braungart has been added to the speaker programme of the In Practice Congress on March 22! For decades, he pioneered the Cradle to Cradle design concept. Read his biography here.
More information about his keynote:
Venlo: C2C Capital of Europe
Beyond Sustainability and Circular Economy
Saving energy, being abstemious, making production processes more efficient and less harmful – these current principles of sustainability do not sound particularly attractive to Prof. Dr. Michael Braungart; they lack real innovation, positivity and effectiveness. Cradle to Cradle is different: products and production processes designed through its principles are healthy and even beneficial to both humans and environment. Just as in nature, products function in material flows so that there are only useful resources, or better: nutrients. Buildings are able to function as healthy material banks: imagine a building like a tree. A building that cleans water and the air, makes oxygen, generates soil and nutrients. Many positive beneficial characteristics of trees can be translated into the design of buildings, increasing the quality of life for humans and our environment.
Keynote Michael Braungart: Venlo: C2C Capital of Europe door Michael Braungart
- 10:50 - 11:20BreakLobby 20170322lobby
- 11:20 - 12:00C2C PanelPlenary room 20170322large-hall
In this panel there will be a debat between sustainability en cradle to cradle (C2C) experts.
We can announce the C2C experts in the panel: Michael Braungart, Lewis Perkins, Owen Zachariasse, Hans Goverde, Rob Kragt and Michel Weijers.
C2C Panel door Tom van 't Hek, Owen Zachariasse, Hans Goverde, Michel Weijers, Lewis Perkins, Michael Braungart, Rob Kragt
- 12:00 - 13:15LunchLobby 20170322lobby
- 13:15 - 14:00Workshop Round 1 Multiple speakersWorkshop spaces, large hall and lobby 20170322workshop-spaces-large-hall-lobby
Koperen Kees Zaal
How to design a cradle to cradle building
Frans Boermans Zaal
Built Positive Piet Kingma Zaal Cradle to Cradle in the supply chain Ballerina Zaal Guided tour of City Hall Venlo
Important note: Participating in this workshop means that you can not participate in other workshops. The guided tour consist round 1 and 2 of the workshops and you will be back when round 2 ends. You will be on time for the plenairy programme after the workshops.
Workshop Round 1
- 14:00 - 14:10Time of changing workshop round 1Workshop spaces, large hall and lobby 20170322workshop-spaces-large-hall-lobby
- 14:10 - 14:55Workshop Round 2 Multiple speakersWorkshop spaces, large hall and lobby 20170322workshop-spaces-large-hall-lobby
Workshop financial healthy buildings Frans Boermans Zaal Sustainable learning together in education Ballerina Zaal Knowledge is power: the circular level of buildings Koperen Kees Zaal C2C in Practice: Certified (before and after) Grime Zaal Circular buying in practice Piet Kingma Zaal
Workshop Round 2
- 14:55 - 15:30BreakLobby 20170322lobby
- 15:30 - 16:00Venlo Circular Challenge: the winning teamPlenary room 20170322large-hall
The Venlo Circular Challenge is a sustainable challenge of Venlo. Three international companies: Océ, Office Depot and Sun, have formulated a sustainability issue.
48 higher education students and newcomers to the labor market worked together in a team and came up with an innovative solution. The winning team had a great experience at the challenge and they are delighted to be on the stage of the C2C-Congress Venlo to present their results and share their vision with us.
Venlo Circular Challenge: the winning team door Venlo Circular Challenge: the winning team
- 16:00 - 16:35Keynote Lewis PerkinsPlenary room 20170322large-hall
- 16:35 - 16:45Closure by chairmanPlenary room 20170322large-hall
- 16:45 - 18:00Networking drinkLobby 20170322lobby